[Mailman-i18n] Subject lines in Archives

Martin v. Löwis loewis@informatik.hu-berlin.de
02 Apr 2002 14:41:08 +0200

Ben Gertzfield <che@debian.org> writes:

> Yes, I agree.  We just don't want to create files with invalid
> encodings; mixing encodings in a single HTML file is a recipe
> for disaster!

If that is your concern, then things can remain as they are (or will
be, after the patch) - it will just print the mime-encoded subject of
the original message. If the original message had non-ASCII text in
the subject that was not MIME-encoded, I still think it should be
copied as-is to the HTML - proper display will then be the task of the
Web browser.

Regards,
Martin