[Mailman-i18n] little doubt

Martin von Loewis loewis@informatik.hu-berlin.de
Mon, 8 Oct 2001 10:42:15 +0200 (MEST)

> Why mailman.pot is in CVS?  Isn't it an auto-generated file
> that everyone can rebuild from source files?  My doubt is:
> is it better to use the CVS mailman.pot or to rebuild the
> file from source everytime I do cvs update?

It's a generated file, indeed. However, I find it better if it is only
manually generated by the package maintainer, every now and
then. Generating it gives a clear message to translators that
translations need to be updated. Otherwise, translators may start
working on stuff that gets outdated again next week, when everything
is still under development.

Only translating the "official" POT file gives sanity to everybody
involved.

Regards,
Martin