[Mailman-i18n] sorting pygettext.py output

Tokio Kikuchi tkikuchi@is.kochi-u.ac.jp
Wed, 23 May 2001 08:56:01 +0900

"Barry A. Warsaw" wrote:

> I'm about to check in a slightly different patch, which retains packed
> GNU style comments and also fixes a bug that can cause duplicate
> entries.  Details (including the patch) are available at
>
>     http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=425821&group_id=5470&atid=305470

Barry,

There was a misunderstanding. Your patch sort the filename/lineno
descriptions within each item of translatables. My patch sorts all
the entries of them. May be it is because my initial post put the
option within `--style' category and none of your fault.

pygettext.py with my patch outputs like this

> #: bin/add_members:00216
> msgid "( blank line )"
> msgstr ""
>
> #: bin/add_members:00218
> msgid "Not a valid email address:"
> msgstr ""
>
> #: bin/arch:00073
> msgid "listname is required"
> msgstr ""
>
> #: bin/arch:00091
> #: bin/change_pw:00100
> #: bin/config_list:00101
> #: bin/config_list:00192
> #: bin/newlang:00084
> #: bin/rmlang:00095
> msgid ""
> "No such list \"%(listname)s\"\n"
> "%(e)s"
> msgstr ""

With this output, we can find where to make new translations easily
when the version ups.

I hope you can integrate this idea into your patch.

Thank you,

Tokio