[Mailman-i18n] Bad messages in mailman.pot

Barry A. Warsaw barry@zope.com
Mon, 23 Jul 2001 13:20:58 -0400

    D> This are internaly documentating comments and I think, they
    D> shouldn't be translated. The mailman.pot is probably bad
    D> generated.

You are correct.  For now, simply do not translate those comments.

My advice to all translators is to look for the "#, docstring" flag in
the mailman.pot file to see whether the string is a docstring or not,
and try not to waste time translating most docstrings.

I need to make the rules in messages/Makefile.in a little smarter
about exactly which files are extracted with -D and which are not.
Theoretically only the files in bin/* scripts/* and cron/* should be
extraced with -D, but there are a few other places in the code where
docstrings need extraction.  Eventually I will clean this up.

    D> I have also about 600 translated messages and I think that
    D> czech traslation is also almost complete.

Awesome!  Please send them to me directly when they're ready.  You can
tar up the templates and mailman.po file and email them to me.

Shall I put you down as the Czech translation champion?

-Barry