[Mailman-i18n] Automatic translation between GB and BIG5 code

Max Yu max.yu@turbolinux.com.cn
Thu, 19 Jul 2001 18:42:00 +0800

Hi Michael,

It would be great if there is a software that can tranlate
terms between simplified Chinese and traditional Chinese.

But if we do not have such a software, I think we just translate
characters will be okay. For I have been to Taiwan for three
months, and I can understand Taiwan terms after very short period.
So it will not be a big problem. US English is differnet from
British English, but they are similiar. So is simplified Chinese
and Traditional Chinese.

Are you using BIG5 code? I cannot read your name immediatlly, so
I can only call your English name. There will be no such pity
if we have a mailling list with dynamic traslation.

But as you said, Taiwan terms is different from Beijing terms,
so I think it is a good idea to have a different template for
GB. User messages can be directly mapped.

Thank you.

Best Regards,
Max