[Mailman-i18n] i18n version of mailman?

A. Königsdorfer Armin@exklusiv.de
Tue, 21 Nov 2000 15:26:20 +0100

------ =_NextPart_001_01C053C7.0770DEB0

Hi folks!

I think there are efforts to build an internationalized version
of mailman (just because this mailinglist exists).

How far is this port? Does Python not have any i18n mechanism?
The strings in the sourcecode are not marked for translation, will
at least this be done?

Currently I'm working on a german translation. The templates were
easy but to translate all the strings in the source is terrible
slow and error prone. And with the next version of mailman I
will have to throw away most of my work.

This is a great piece of software. With support for i18n it
would be perfect.  ;o)

BTW: I have to do the work anyway, so if I could help... Next week
I will start to teach myself Python.

Kind regards,
Armin

------ =_NextPart_001_01C053C7.0770DEB0

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=us-ascii">
<META NAME="Generator" CONTENT="MS Exchange Server version 5.5.1960.3">
<TITLE>i18n version of mailman?</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=2>Hi folks!</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=2>I think there are efforts to build an internationalized version</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>of mailman (just because this mailinglist exists).</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=2>How far is this port? Does Python not have any i18n mechanism?</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>The strings in the sourcecode are not marked for translation, will</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>at least this be done?</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=2>Currently I'm working on a german translation. The templates were</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>easy but to translate all the strings in the source is terrible</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>slow and error prone. And with the next version of mailman I</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>will have to throw away most of my work.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=2>This is a great piece of software. With support for i18n it</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>would be perfect.&nbsp; ;o)</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=2>BTW: I have to do the work anyway, so if I could help... Next week</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>I will start to teach myself Python.</FONT>
</P>
<BR>

<P><FONT SIZE=2>Kind regards,</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=2>Armin</FONT>