[Mailman-i18n] German/international version for test installation?

Martin Ramsch m.ramsch@computer.org
Fri, 12 May 2000 12:16:33 +0200

On Fri, 2000-05-12 12:01:01 +0200, Juan Carlos Rey Anaya wrote:
> > Is there some place to download a current development snapshot?
> >
> Not actually, you must wait for Barry to release the i18n version of
> Mailman.

That's a pity ...  But thanks for your reply!

Regards,
  Martin

Date: Fri, 12 May 2000 18:59:05 +0200
From: Marcin Sochacki <wanted@python.org>
To: mailman-users@python.org
Subject: Re: [Mailman-i18n] German/international version for test installation?
Sender: mailman-i18n-admin@python.org

On Thu, May 11, 2000 at 06:28:36PM +0200, Martin Ramsch wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I've just installed the current version 2.0beta2 of Mailman and boss
> seems to be quite happy with it - only the English language will be
> a big problem for some of our users.
>
> So I looked around for a German version, and found this i18n list.
>
> If I read the mail archives correctly, there still is no official
> localized version of Mailman but there is work-in-progress?
>
> I'd really love to test whatever version there is available, and I
> maybe could even get involved to improve it ...
>
> Is there some place to download a current development snapshot?

Yup, I18N in Mailman is still in development. Fortunately it's quite easy
to translate HTML templates. Some strings are hard-coded into Python
scripts, so you'll have to hack the source a bit.

Of course the problem comes back with upgrading Mailman, as you must
apply all your corrections from the beginning.

Marcin