[Mailman-i18n] Hungarian

Juan Carlos Rey Anaya jcrey@uma.es
Thu, 27 Apr 2000 08:41:50 +0200

lacza@interbase.hu wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We would like to use MailMan, but we had some problems translating it to
> Hungarian. It is the same probelm that has already been mentioned in this list.
> Some of the messages are hard coded into the source.
>
> I don't know how the internalization project is going. What I need is just some
> information on how to translate the hard coded parts. Where can I find the hard
> coded messages?

" To make a port to another language, THE ONLY THING you need to
translate:
  1) public templates - important - the ones I have modified to support
languages.
  2) the catalog mailman accesses to translate messages inside code.

 I send you all files you need to your private e-mail. I send you
spanish catalog so that you can compare how I have made it.

 The catalog is the large stuff.
 There are messages that are displayed in WEB, so special characters as
áéíóú are coded as: á é...
 Messages that are to be sent via e-mail need not to be coded. Simply
note how my messages are translated and follow the same guidelines.
"

After messages are translated, they should be sent to Barry with the
proper papers signed.

Cheers
--
                          ___