[Mailman-Developers] Problem running tox on hyperkitty

Leon Merten Lohse leon at green-side.de
Tue Mar 20 08:57:34 EDT 2018

On 19.03.2018 23:30, Mark Sapiro wrote:
> I am trying to run
>
> tox -e py35-django111
>
> on HyperKitty. I run into an issue in that the tests run up to a point
> after which all but the last 2 fail with a "too many open files"
> exception. These files are logs created in directories
> /tmp/hyperkitty-testing-*, and over 100 /tmp/hyperkitty-testing-*
> directories are left behind. This is with an open file limit of 1024.

It might look like that but the logs are not the actual problem as those
files are properly closed after the test finishes.

I tried to disable logging to files all together but the problem persisted.

The real cause for the excessive number of file descriptors is django-q,
which creates opens lots and lots of files (for inter process
communication?).

Best
Leon