[Mailman-Developers] Mailman3 access with a screen reader

Geoff Shang geoff at QuiteLikely.com
Wed Jun 13 06:55:38 EDT 2018

Hi Andrew,

On Tue, 12 Jun 2018, Andrew Hodgson wrote:

> Just starting to move lists that are mostly used by blind people to
> Mailman3.  One thing we have found is that when tending to moderation
> requests, if you view the message in the web interface it seems
> invisible to screen readers when the message is viewed on screen.  The
> window that comes up with the message and the buttons doesn't seem to
> read out for some reason using Chrome or Firefox with the latest version
> of Jaws.

I have to confess that I've not yet played with Mailman 3. :(

Have you tried with NVDA?  It should of course work with JAWS, but I have
seen situations where one screen reader sees what another does not, and
NVDA costs nothing to try.

Also, it's a good idea to give specific version numbers instead of
"latest", as "latest" doesn't mean much in six months time.  Also, browser
versions as well.

Cheers,
Geoff.