[Mailman-Developers] Questions around mm3 plugins/templates

Andreas Zoellner andreaszoellner at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 12:56:35 EDT 2018

Hello,

I am looking into expanding Mailman 3 with a plugins for our use case. I’ve read through the documentation but have a couple of clarifying questions that I’m hoping to get answers for here.

1a) Can I provide templates to generate text/html messages or just plain/text?
1b) if not, would that be something that could be added with a plugin or is that better handled in core?
1c) Can a html template be introduced for a third digest type in addition to mime and plain?

2) Can a template change the subject line or just the body?

3a) Can a plugin add additional fields to a user? e.g. I want to store more specific preferences around topics or maybe day of week for digest delivery or a user title
3b) Can I easily pass those additional fields to a template?

4) How can mm3 be scaled horizontally? Let’s say I have an additional rule that takes a long time to process - Can I parallelize that step somehow?

Thank you
Andreas