[Mailman-Developers] LOCK_SPAMHAUS_LISTED_DBL_SUBSCRIBE should use dbl.spamhaus.org

A. Schulze sca at andreasschulze.de
Mon Jul 2 05:34:21 EDT 2018

Mark Sapiro:

> I am pleased to announce the release of Mailman 2.1.27.

Hello,

one new, cool feature is "BLOCK_SPAMHAUS_LISTED_DBL_SUBSCRIBE"
But I'm unsure if it will block any subscription.

see
https://bazaar.launchpad.net/~mailman-coders/mailman/2.1/view/head:/Mailman/Utils.py#L1546
There, for a potential subscriber <user at example.org> a DNS query for
example.com.zen.spamhaus.org is generated.
But, https://www.spamhaus.org/zen/ say "ZEN is the combination of all
Spamhaus IP-based DNSBLs ..."

I assume, example.org is and will never be listed in zen.spamhaus.org
Shouldn't "example.com.dbl.spamhaus.org" be used?

(Or do I have an wrong/outdated view on zen.spamhaus.org?)

Andreas