[Mailman-Developers] mailman3 on debian

Simon Hanna simon at hannaweb.eu
Sun Apr 22 16:03:57 EDT 2018

On 04/22/2018 12:31 PM, 孙志勇 wrote:
> OK, I follow the instruction of /usr/share/doc/mailman3/README.Debian,
>

> it can visit http://server/mailman3/postorius/lists/, but when login, it says Sever Error (500). in /var/log/mailman3/web/mailman-web.log there is a line:
> SMTPRecipientsRefused: {u'xxx at xx.com': (451, '4.3.0 <xxx at xx.com>: Temporary lookup failure')}
> # xxx at xx.com is superuser email address.
Did you use a valid email address? From what you describe what is
happening is that the frontend is trying to confirm your email address
but can't deliver it.
It might also be a configuration issue with the MTA you are using. Try
to send an email to that address from the command line on the server.

To work around this particular issue you could do the following:
open a django shell (I don't know where debian puts the manage.py file,
but you should have one):
python manage.py shell

in the shell do the following:
from allauth.account.models import EmailAddress
e = EmailAddress.objects.get(email='xxx at xx.com')
e.verified = True
e.save()

Of course you need to replace the email, with the one you have used.
That should mark the email as verified in the database and let you
login. Note that this is sort of a hack and you should figure out what's
going on there...