[Mailman-Developers] Signing commits with gpg

Barry Warsaw barry at list.org
Wed Oct 25 12:55:56 EDT 2017

On Oct 25, 2017, at 12:14, Simon Hanna <simon at hannaweb.eu> wrote:

> I guess more important would be to sign the releases. At least archlinux likes to have signatures for source archives and often requests upstream projects to add this.

Definitely.  I (try to remember to) sign both tags and releases for Core.

> Another thing that just came to mind: how does commit squashing work? You'll probably have to do that offline and not use gitlabs autosmashing…

I would think that squash merges would destroy the record of any intermediate signed commits.  Core doesn’t have a firm policy either way; sometimes I squash merge sometimes not.  I’m philosophical	opposed to squash merging, but git often really makes me want to do it anyway.

-Barry