[Mailman-Developers] Use of the public suffix list

Stephen J. Turnbull turnbull.stephen.fw at u.tsukuba.ac.jp
Sat Nov 4 03:28:04 EDT 2017

Alessandro Vesely writes:

 > Yes, RDAP is WHOIS with a machine-readable format.  In both cases,
 > a name retrieved from a public domain name registry (DNR) is an
 > "organizational" domain.

Yes, but my understanding of the discussions on the DMARC list leading
to use of the PSL in RFC 7843 is that organizational domain !=
administrative domain, and that's why the existing whois wasn't
sufficient to replace the PSL.  Did I miss something?

 > Thank you for sharing your insights

And you too!

I will take a look at the DBOUNDS discussion mentioned by John, as
well as tracking the progress of RDAP.

Steve

--
Associate Professor              Division of Policy and Planning Science
http://turnbull/sk.tsukuba.ac.jp/     Faculty of Systems and Information