[Mailman-Developers] Add information on first line of email

Stephen J. Turnbull turnbull.stephen.fw at u.tsukuba.ac.jp
Sat May 20 12:47:31 EDT 2017

David Terni writes:
 > Hi,
 > I need to use the text of "description or information filed" used to
 > describe the mailinglist and put this information in the firsts lines
 > e-mail. Like the credits but on head of email.
 >
 > How I can do it?

You'll have to manually copy it to the "Header" options.  There are
two of them, one each for the "Digest options" and the other for
"Non-digest options".

If you want to do this programmatically across your site without the
manual copy, you'll need to write a script.  It would also be possible
to patch the code to automatically pull in the "description" string,
but I doubt we want to support that in Mailman 2.

If you want help with those, just ask! (on list, there are several of
us who can help -- note we're mostly at PyCon so responses may be
delayed).

Steve