[Mailman-Developers] GSoC Help Wanted

Terri Oda terri at toybox.ca
Mon Mar 27 13:47:23 EDT 2017

On 2017-03-24 2:55 AM, Muhammad Rizvi wrote:
> I want to let you that I want to take part in Python Organization but don’t
> exactly know what to do. The thing that I came to know so far is that,
> first I have to find a mentor but don’t know from where I can contact a
> mentor, secondly I have to submit a proposal but what proposal should I
> give?

You've actually done it!  Posting to the public mailing list for a
Python sub-org is exactly how you contact a mentor.  This year,
Mailman's only running one project, the encrypted lists one, and the
primary person for that is Stephen, but in general we prefer if students
ask questions in public so that the community and other students get the
benefits of answers.  :)

Stephen's given some pretty precise instructions on what he wants in a
proposal on the mailman ideas page, and as I said we're only planning
one project this year so it needs to be related to encrypted lists
unless you can get someone excited enough about another idea that you
have that they're willing to offer to be a primary mentor for that.
Anything other than encrypted lists will be a hard sell this year,
though, since most of us need the time off for regular mailman
development or other projects!

  Terri