[Mailman-Developers] In regard to GSoc-17

Abhilash raj.abhilash1 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 5 23:18:02 EST 2017

Hi Bhavishya,

On 03/05/2017 11:24 AM, Bhavishya wrote:
> Hi, I saw the idea to create various kinds of encrypted lists,
>  Could you elaborate the following:
> 1)The amount of knowledge of security (and if possible the sources to achieve the same)

Since we are going to work on the idea of encrypted lists, you are
expected to be aware about the basic types of encryption, their purpose
and which would be suitable for this case. Usually, we use public-key
cryptography for signing/encrypting emails.

You may want to read up a bit on how and what would "encrypted lists"
actually mean. There was a pretty good discussion for Google Summer of
Code 2013 on the same topic and I believe it might be helpful for you
get started (You can search the archives for this list and if possible
filter with my name as sender to find the threads).

> 2)The development environment (what else is required apart from linux)

Mostly just Linux and python are what we use for development.

> 3)Any other task for me to strengthen my application(I would try fixing bugs on my level though)

A bug fix is needed for you to complete your application, so that is a
must. Apart from that, we want you to have some idea about what this
project is actually about. We (the mentors) would then chime in with the
details and reviews and all our help for your application.

> Thank-you.

Thank you!