[Mailman-Developers] Mailman 3 Container Images v0.1

Abhilash Raj raj.abhilash1 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 26 11:14:36 EDT 2017

Hi Everyone,

I have been working on containerizing Mailman 3 so that it becomes
easier to test and try Mailman 3. There are two images in total:

* maxking/mailman-core : This consists of Mailman Core and includes the
  plugin to enable the Hyperkitty Archiver.
* maxking/mailman-web : This consists of a full Django installation and
  run the Mailman's Web UI components. It has Mailman Client, Postorius
  & Hyperkitty.

The images are built from the Dockerfiles hosted on Github[3] in case
you want to look at it. You can find most of the documentation about
these images at https://asynchronous.in/docker-mailman/. The version of
the internal components included in each image is available here[7].

The images are versioned and the process is documented[4], please have a
look before you use them. Also, the images are signed and I encourage
you to verify them before using. The process of how-to verify is also
documented.

Docker Compose is a tool written in Python makes is very easy to deploy
connected-images and take the pain out of writing long long commands for
spinning of containers. There is a sample `docker-compose.yml` file in
the Github repository mentioned above which is kind-of tested to be able
to spin off these images in vanilla condition (without any
customization/configuration).

You can report issues, comments or concerns in the Github repo[6].

[1]: https://hub.docker.com/r/maxking/mailman-core/
[2]: https://hub.docker.com/r/maxking/mailman-web/
[3]: https://github.com/maxking/docker-mailman
[4]: https://asynchronous.in/docker-mailman/#release