[Mailman-Developers] Click CLI branch

Barry Warsaw barry at list.org
Fri Jul 21 10:23:43 EDT 2017

On Jul 20, 2017, at 02:26 PM, Mark Sapiro wrote:

>The first thing I notice right away is the help text doesn't fill. E.g.,

Now that you remind me, I noticed this too and I was going to file an upstream
issue on this, but I forgot.

I did some pdb tracing through the click source and figured out the problem.

https://github.com/pallets/click/issues/834

TL;DR: Your workaround provided the essential clue.  The main difference
between the original code and your workaround is that the latter omits the
embedded newlines.  Click apparently dedents the text but doesn't remove the
newlines and that confuses click's formatting code.

In the meantime, I have a workaround that I'm in the process of implementing.

Cheers,
-Barry