[Mailman-Developers] Click CLI branch

Jan Jancar johny at neuromancer.sk
Thu Jul 20 17:33:25 EDT 2017

On 07/20/2017 10:56 PM, Barry Warsaw wrote:
> Just a quick note to mention that my big branch to adopt click for command line option parsing should now be done.
>
> https://gitlab.com/mailman/mailman/merge_requests/292
>
> This will close #319 and #346 and make adding new `mailman` subcommands much easier.  (We still need the bits to define additional search paths, and probably some better documentation that would be part of a general “Extending Mailman” section.)
>
> Along the way I think I’ve made several other improvements, including (I hope!) reducing or eliminating the occasional hangs we see on CI, speeding up the test suite a bit, and making things more robust.
>
> Please feel free to review it and play with it.  It’s finishing CI now but I’ll hold off on merging it for a day or two.  I’m especially interested to hear what Jan thinks for the plugin work he’s doing.
>
> The big downside could be that because this is such a big change, existing MPs may have to be rebased.
>
> It’s a big branch with lots of little sweater threads that took longer than I expected, but I should be done now, and I think it will be a good improvement to the code.
>
> Cheers,
> -Barry

Nice stuff!
Looking at the dynamic loading of subcommands, plugin subcommands can be
easily integrated. Pretty much a one line change on top of this and !288:

 -   add_components('mailman.commands', ICLISubCommand, self._commands)
 +   add_pluggable_components('commands', ICLISubCommand, self._commands)

Will rebase the plugin branch on top of this once it lands.
Cheers,
--
Jan
   /\  # PGP: 362056ADA8F2F4E421565EF87F4A448FE68F329D