[Mailman-Developers] Telling Apache about Mailman Rest API

Erin Test galaxyjustice2 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 12 16:11:15 EDT 2017

I'm not aware of anything else using that port.

sudo netstat -l -n -t -p 8001
8001: unknown or uninstrumented protocol

I'm on a mac and I read the options for netstat can be different between OSX/BSD and Linux, so I verified using lsof (8889 is the port mysql is using)

leaves:~ ejustice$ lsof -n -i4TCP:8001 | grep LISTEN
leaves:~ ejustice$ lsof -n -i4TCP:8889 | grep LISTEN
mysqld  84142 ejustice   17u  IPv6 0x7164e83ec7901d4b      0t0  TCP *:ddi-tcp-2 (LISTEN)

Also I've tried changing the default port in /etc/mailman.cfg (from 8001 to 9001 and a couple other randomly chosen ports) and I get the same Connection Refused.  When I try to use the port mysql is using 8889 I get

sudo curl -I -u restadmin http://localhost:8889/3.1/system/versions
Enter host password for user 'restadmin':
curl: (8) Weird server reply

So I don't think it's a conflict with a port that is in use.

-Erin