[Mailman-Developers] Telling Apache about Mailman Rest API

Erin Test galaxyjustice2 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 12 14:57:52 EDT 2017

Hi Barry and Mark

Thanks for your responses.  I have no desire to open the REST API to the public, I'm just trying to access it at all and assumed I needed to provided a web server, but that's apparently not the case.  Other than mailman start  is there something I'm missing that is needed to start the Mailman included web server?

To access the REST API I've tried both command line curl calls:
curl -I -u restadmin http://localhost:8001/3.1/system/versions
Enter host password for user 'restadmin':
curl: (7) Failed to connect to localhost port 8001: Connection refused

And calls from within python:

>>> import requests
>>> response = requests.get(
... 'http://localhost:8001/3.1/system/versions',
... auth=('restadmin', 'restpass'))
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.6/lib/python3.6/site-packages/urllib3/connection.py", line 141, in _new_conn
    (self.host, self.port), self.timeout, **extra_kw)
  File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.6/lib/python3.6/site-packages/urllib3/util/connection.py", line 83, in create_connection
    raise err
  File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.6/lib/python3.6/site-packages/urllib3/util/connection.py", line 73, in create_connection
    sock.connect(sa)
ConnectionRefusedError: [Errno 61] Connection refused

... more errors presented after this but I'm assuming they relate to the Connection refused.

Thanks,
-Erin