[Mailman-Developers] Date of Mailman 3 Suite going Python 3 only after Django dropped Python 2

Simon Hanna simon at hannaweb.eu
Fri Dec 15 18:43:10 EST 2017

On 12/15/2017 08:03 PM, Tobias Conradi wrote:
> https://www.djangoproject.com/weblog/2017/dec/02/django-20-released/
>
> 1) Is there a date for when Mailman Suite will switch to Python 3 only,
> so user are not required to install two Python versions?
AFAIK there are merge requests for all the parts, the only hold-up is
testing to make sure they actualy work. You can search for "Python 3" in
the gitlab issue trackers for more information.
> 2) Is there a date for a switch to Django 2?
Since Django 2 only supports Python3 support for it will most probably
be added by merging the Python3 branches. I haven't gone over all the
details, but I don't think there are any changes that still require
porting...