[Mailman-Developers] Mailgun email libraries

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Tue Aug 15 13:26:48 EDT 2017

Hi folks - apologies for the cross-posting; there is some intersection on the topic so I don’t want to leave anyone out.

This past weekend, I was at PyBay 2017 and attended an excellent talk by Christine Spang, founder and CTO of Nylas, an email syncing platform.  They’ve been using Mailgun’s Flanker library for email address and MIME parsing.  Flanker is Apache 2.0 licensed although unfortunately only Python 2 currently.  Here’s a blog post about it, along with their GitHub repo:

http://blog.mailgun.com/we-just-open-sourced-flanker-our-python-email-address-and-mime-parsing-library/
https://github.com/mailgun/flanker

This is mostly an FYI email since I’ve only had time to read the blog post and briefly skim the docs, but there may be interesting things we can learn from their work.

Cheers,
-Barry