[Mailman-Developers] REST returns 405 to PATCH in development environment.

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon Oct 17 22:23:17 EDT 2016

I'm sure there's something wrong with what I'm doing, but I have the
following issue.

I am developing/testing a change to Postorius to support alias_domain as
implemented by <https://gitlab.com/mailman/mailman/merge_requests/202>
and <https://gitlab.com/mailman/mailmanclient/merge_requests/18>.

I made some changes to

postorius/forms.py
postorius/templates/postorius/domain/index.html
postorius/views/domain.py

to support displaying and setting alias domain. I have a development
environment with Python 2 and Python 3 virtualenvs with all the pieces
installed via 'python setup.py develop' in the appropriate venv.

I am running Mailman core via '.tox/py35/bin/mailman start' with (I
think) an appropriate mailman.cfg and running Postorius in the Python 2
venv via 'example_project/manage.py runserver' and connecting to
Postorius via http://localhost:8000.

It all seems to work except editing. I can create a domain with or
without an alias_domain, see it all listed and delete the domain, but
any attempts at editing the domain fail with the core REST server
returning 405 to the PATCH request. Even if I stash my changes and
revert to the branch head, edits fail in the same way.

Does anyone know what I'm missing/doing wrong?