[Mailman-Developers] [django_mailman3-1.0.2] No Facebook app configured: please add a SocialApp using the Django admin

Simon Hanna simon.hanna at serve-me.info
Mon Nov 28 05:02:02 EST 2016

On 28 November 2016 05:33:55 GMT+01:00, Leon <best.sum at gmail.com> wrote:
>Hi developers. I copied production.py from (
>https://wiki.list.org/DOC/Mailman%203%20installation%20experience?action=AttachFile&do=view&target=production.py),
>so 'allauth.socialaccount.providers.facebook' is in INSTALLED_APPS.
>Also, I
>added another site and set SITE_ID = 2(
>http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14019017/django-allauth-no-facebook-app-configured-please-add-a-socialapp-using-the-djan).
>However, the exception is not fixed.
>

>Error log:
>ImproperlyConfigured at /accounts/login/
>
>No Facebook app configured: please add a SocialApp using the Django
>admin

The error says it all...
You need to login to the django admin and add the configuration for Facebook before you can start using it. This is needed because some auth providers require api tokens.

Also are you sure you want site_id set to 2?
You will have to configure a site in the admin as well. AFAIK with site_id set to 1 you get a automatically configured example.com site.