[Mailman-Developers] Mailman Sprint happening NOW at PyCon 2016 Canada

Barry Warsaw barry at list.org
Mon Nov 14 15:17:41 EST 2016

On Nov 15, 2016, at 03:37 AM, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

>Also, I've done a little tracker curation (specifically HyperKitty),
>mostly tagging -- probably you should assume nothing important is
>happening if you get notices.

Thanks Steve!

I guess I should use this opportunity to say that I'd like to get Mailman 3.1
out in December.  I'm going to be pretty brutal about triaging Core bugs and
merge requests to get it down to a reasonable number, and I'd like to try to
do a beta release in a couple of weeks.

How do the other subprojects look for a December release?

This is a good link to track the project-wide milestone:

https://gitlab.com/groups/mailman/milestones/31?title=3.1

One problem is that it doesn't include HK, so we need to figure that out.  And
we need to figure out whether we want to continue to support the bundler or
use some other container-based release mechanism (I am going to continue to
play with building a Snap for the bits and pieces).

Another reason to do the 3.1 release: I want to retire the 3.0.x branch.

Cheers,