[Mailman-Developers] Facing build Issues Postorius

Simon Hanna simon.hanna at serve-me.info
Sun May 8 14:12:19 EDT 2016

On 05/07/2016 09:41 PM, Anirudh Dahiya wrote:
> Hi
> I updated my builds and am facing the following error :
> InvalidTemplateLibrary: Invalid template library specified. ImportError
> raised when trying to load 'postorius.templatetags.membership_helpers':
> cannot import name MailingList
> I tried building on my other machine and faced the same error.
> Complete traceback : http://dpaste.com/3WG8XQ5
> Thanks
> Anirudh
> (irc spark)
I guess it's caused by an out of date mailmanclient installation inside
one of your virtualenvs. Can you try clearing them out?

The issue is caused by the following import:
from mailmanclient._client import MailingList

This import should not be there. We should not import via "private"
things. Currently the MailingList is imported for additional
functionality, but it's not actually being used inside Postorius. I
guess a safer option would be to use postorius.models.List instead. We
should be using these classes inside Postorius anyway.