[Mailman-Developers] Rosters not using 'ISubscriptionService' Interface.

Barry Warsaw barry at list.org
Thu Mar 31 17:14:51 EDT 2016

On Apr 01, 2016, at 01:59 AM, Harshit Bansal wrote:

>I was looking at the 'rosters.py' and I am unable to understand that
>why are rosters not using 'ISubscriptionService' interface instead of
>making raw queries for finding members? Is there any reason for doing
>so and if no then should it be changed?

The easy answer is that rosters (and the IRoster interface) predates
ISubscriptionService by quite a bit.  The latter was added primarily to
support REST APIs for member searchers.

The concept of a roster as a query is pretty fundamental, and the idea was
also that rosters should be composable.  I'm not keen on changing these
interfaces.

Cheers,