[Mailman-Developers] GSoC Project: pgp plugin

Jonas jonax at openmailbox.org
Thu Mar 24 20:43:40 EDT 2016

Hey,

I have tried to update my draft according to your suggestions, Abhilash
Raj and Stephen. You should see a new URL for this third draft on your
dashboard.
The new draft includes a merge request and more details on how I plan to
implement the extension. I'm aware that I will still have to do alot of
research for this to become an actual design plan. Just point me at a
direction for what should be covered more closely in the proposal.

I have put a lot of work into it so if there's anything I still missed,
please let me know.
Especially was I wondering if the timeline looked ok and if my merge
request qualified as a patch:
https://gitlab.com/mailman/mailman/merge_requests/125
As a side note to this mr: I thought that it might be better to use SQL
constraints (cascading) to ensure referential integrity instead of
manually deleting referencing Bans, Subscriptions, Pendings etc. but it
would require kind of fundamential changes and there could be database
backends that don't support it.

I didn't proof read the current draft yet, I'll do that tomorrow.
Anyway, I had a hard time trying to express my plans in english so
remarks on my choice of words are always very welcome.
Now that there's a section on implementation, a section on how I plan to
do the documentation could be the next thing to add. What are your thoughts?

I would release the proposal on the project blog cryptolists.github.io
after the proposal deadline has passed. Is there any reason not to?

Thank you both for your help.