[Mailman-Developers] Gsoc'16 Project:GitLab/development tools integration

Shubham Ghiya shubham.ghiya.sg at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 17:50:50 EDT 2016

Hello,

My name is Shubham Ghiya, a 3 year undergraduate from IIIT-Hyderbad.

I was going through the GSOC 2016 ideas and found "GitLab/development tools
integration" project interesting.

I have setup the mailman and postorius and have tried my hand on some bugs
also.Right now,I am learning more about hyperkitty which will help me learn
more about the implementation details for the project.I have a good
understanding of functionality of various modules and how mailman works. I
have also read the chapter on mailman by Barry Warsaw to understand mailman
in a much better way.

For the project "GitLab/development tools integration" I figured out that
we are expected to create a tool that will extract the contents of the mail
on a mailing list and create an issue of it on Gitlab/Github through
various Gitlab/hub API's and python libraries.

1. For the extraction part Hyperkitty will be used from where we can
extract and parse the contents of the mail.

2. For creating an issue on Gitlab, different API's will be used which I
have to figure out yet.

I know the above points are a very naive and a basic approach. Please tell
me if I am thinking in the right direction and how to proceed further.

Thank you for your time. Looking forward to hear from you.

Regars
Shubham Ghiya
IRC - shubham__