[Mailman-Developers] Help regarding an error during installation

Abhilash Raj raj.abhilash1 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 15:32:44 EST 2016

Hi Daman,

On 03/10/2016 07:18 AM, Daman Singh wrote:
> Hello everyone!
>
> I am trying to install mailman for development using mailman-bundler. I
> followed  the instructions given here
> http://mailman-bundler.readthedocs.org/en/latest/ , but i am facing a
> problem.
> When i run buildout command i get an error saying,"no module named 'zlib'"
> but on running ipython, when i import zlib it works all right.

When running buildout in mailman-bundler, it generally creates a
virtualenv of its own, which might not have 'zlib not installed in it.
Just look for the virtualenv that gives this error(it could be venv-3.4,
that bundler makes for running mailman in), activate that, and install
'zlib in there.

I am not sure where is this error coming from, but for general python
projects, this is a general solution.

--
thanks,
Abhilash Raj