[Mailman-Developers] [Email-SIG] Some parsing/generation issues of email in Python 3

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Fri Jun 10 02:29:42 EDT 2016

Hans-Peter Jansen writes:

 > > I'm willing to bet it will converge to "robust in practice" much
 > > faster than the previous design did.
 >
 > I will take your word on that.

Why take my word when you can take my money instead? :-)  Keep on with
the porting project!

 > > Patience and understanding of how opensource software development
 > > works, perhaps.
 >
 > Okay, as already said, I'm sorry for sounding overly harsh.

Yeah, me, too.  I actually saw Barry's and David's posts while
composing and decided I didn't have much to add after all, but
apparently I managed to send without noticing (bad Emacs! bad Emacs!)
before deleting the draft.  Sorry about that; you didn't deserve
multiple reprimands.

 > Usually, when I report such problems nowadays, I add a patch
 > proposal for fixing the issue, but these issues were overwhelming
 > me. Needless to mention the complexity of the email package itself
 > and my reluctance of studying RFCs.

The email RFCs are probably not worth studying.  They're not only
quite complex, on many points they are controversial.  Leave that to
us. ;-)  Merely identifying problems (thanks for the test cases,
by the way!) is a great contribution.