[Mailman-Developers] New Interface

Harshit Bansal harshitbansal2015 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 4 16:31:55 EDT 2016

Hi,

On 04-Jun-2016 1:11 am, "Barry Warsaw" <barry at list.org> wrote:
>I've always wanted styles to be composable, by which I mean that a style can
>describe just a partial set of attributes.  For now I'll call these stylets.
>One stylet might define how autoresponses work, while another might describe
>how digests work.  In a sense, this is analogous to how the composition was
>broken down in MM2.1, but without all the ugly mixin stuff.

How can this composability be achieved in a model? I mean that the
size of a table is fixed in a model and if a style describes just a
partial set of attributes then what would be stored in other
attributes?
Also how would this partial style be applied to a mailing list?

Problems that are blocking me for past two-three days:

Solved:
1: Getting a list of all styleable attributes.
Since you have approved the new interface this problem is solved.

Unsolved:
1: How to trigger the fallback mechanism?
2: Current 'IStyle' interface allows us to define either a partial
style(stylet, describing just a partial set of attributes) or a
complete style. But is that possible with a model?
3: If I go for style composabiltiy as described by you then how would
I represent that idea in REST and Postorius?

Thanks,
Harshit Bansal