[Mailman-Developers] Countdown to the 3.1 release

Barry Warsaw barry at list.org
Wed Jul 13 09:37:27 EDT 2016

On Jul 13, 2016, at 12:18 PM, Simon Hanna wrote:

>I guess https://gitlab.com/mailman/mailman/issues/219 should be fixed in
>the next release. If 3.1 find its way into repositories, we will get
>lot's of issue reports for this I suppose.

Thanks Simon.  I've put this in the 3.1 milestone and will take a look.

>Terri was working on this one, it's not critical but nice to have for
>usability
>https://gitlab.com/mailman/postorius/merge_requests/159

ack.

>I have a mr pending for mailmanclient that should be included in the
>next release
>https://gitlab.com/mailman/mailmanclient/merge_requests/10

I've added a 3.1 milestone to mailmanclient and assigned this one to it.

>Postorius has a number of merge requests open. I'm not sure which of
>them should be merged before the next release

Florian, do you have time in the next few weeks to do some Postorius triaging?

>Does your template branch in core need any immediate modifications to
>mailmanclient and/or postorius?

It shouldn't, at least for API 3.0.  All the new template APIs are exposed on
v3.1 only, and when using the v3.0 API, they should map the old attribute
names to the new mechanisms, so it should all be transparent.  Modulo bugs of
course. ;)

I think it would be nice if mailmanclient and/or Postorius used the v3.1 API
to get the full power of the templates branch, but it's probably not critical
for the current release.  Flo and I did talk about adding a cli that Postorius
could call when installing it next to a v3.1 Core, e.g. to install some
default templates for a cohabitating Postorius, but on further thought, it
would be just as easy to write a bit of Python code to install those
templates.  Note though that someone would have to write the templates and
ship them with Postorius, but they could be done using file: URLs into the
Postorius install directory.  That would be a fun project for someone to
tackle, and I'd be happy to answer any questions that come up.

Cheers,