[Mailman-Developers] Availability as a mentor

Simon Hanna simon.hanna at serve-me.info
Fri Jan 15 21:17:38 EST 2016

Hi,

(mainly for Florian, but it's not secret)

Since I'm a student, I was thinking about applying for a GSoC spot this summer, but I'll probably
not have the time for it, so I won't do that.
I would however have enough time to be a mentor. (Google says about 5h a week per student, I could
manage up to 10h I guess)

The code of the mailman-suite I know best is postorius, so if a mentor is needed for that, I'm
available. I could of course still manage mentoring other projects.

A little bio:
I'm a 24 year old computer science student, currently pursuing my master degree. I'm studying in
Stuttgart, Germany.
I'm fluent in English, German and Arabic (but I really don't like typing Arabic ^^)
I was a tutor for about 8 different computing courses at my University.
I was always responsible for a group of up to 20 students. My job was to help them with their
assignments, grade them and explain stuff they didn't understand in the lectures.
The courses included practical programming courses, programming languages, distributed computing and
computer networks, algorithms and data structures, ...

If you want to look at my code, you'll find most of it in postorius where my username is 'thelinuxguy'.

So, if a mentor is needed, I'm available :-)
Feel free to ask any questions...

Simon