[Mailman-Developers] Getting Started

Abhilash Raj raj.abhilash1 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 10 22:10:45 EST 2016

Hi Gaurav,

On 01/10/2016 03:11 PM, Gaurav Mittal wrote:
> Hi,
> I want to introduce myself. I am a 3rd year student pursuing my B.Tech in
> CSE from International Institute of Information Technology, Hyderabad.

Welcome and thanks for your interest in Mailman.

> I want to start contributing to Mailman and also hoping to do GSOC'16 with
> mailman. How do i begin?

You can start by reading a bit about mailman from the website (list.org)
and digging out getting started guide. I could give you the direct
links, but it isn't really very hard to find them I guess. Let me know
if you really don't really find the Getting Started Guide on
http://wiki.list.org or http://list.org.

Make sure that you look for Mailman Suite 3.0 and not mailman 2.0 which
is not actively developed now. After you think you know enough about
Mailman, you can then try to fix some small easy bugs in Mailman core or
any of its sister projects (Postorius - the Web UI, Hyperkitty - the
Archiver, Client - Python bindings). There might be less number or bugs
actually tagged "easy" or "beginner friendly", but you can explore other
bugs too. If you have any problems/questions, ask questions here or on
#mailman on Freenode(IRC).

--
thanks,
Abhilash Raj