[Mailman-Developers] Mailman 3.1 beta coming soon

Florian Fuchs f at florianfuchs.com
Sat Dec 3 15:22:44 EST 2016

On Fri, Dec 02, 2016 at 11:07:24AM -0500, Barry Warsaw wrote:
>Hello Mailman 3 users and developers!
>
>It's been a long slog but I think we are finally ready to begin the release
>process for Mailman 3.1.  I am pretty happy about the state of the Core, and
>Florian is going to do some more integration testing with HyperKitty and
>Postorius.  We still have a few issues and a merge proposal or two to address,

I did some manual integration testing today
(core+mailmanclient+postorius) which looked fine so far. I didn't get
to test HyperKitty and the bundler though, so any help testing those
would be very much appreciated. I will have some more time tomorrow.

I did all of my testing locally, which has some limitations. So I
started setting up a more realistic environment on one of my dev
machines. But I'm not done yet. Will report back when I'm done... ;-)

>but I am planning to spin a beta of Core this weekend to facilitate testing.

I think it's OK to put out a separate beta of the core, because the
version pulled from pypi will still be 3.0 if I'm not terribly mistaken.

For the real 3.1 we should probably do a coordinated release of all
components, once everything's tested a little more thoroughly.

Cheers
Florian