[Mailman-Developers] Postorius and verified email addresses

Simon Hanna simon.hanna at serve-me.info
Wed Apr 6 18:26:33 EDT 2016

>In that case, how should this address be validated? Should Postorius
>consider that the login system always validates addresses and set them
>as
>verified in Mailman? Should it ask mailman to verify the email
>addresses
>when it encounters a user's un-verified address? This does not seem
>possible in REST at the moment (unless I missed it), and should be
>protected against multiple checks.
>
>Ideas?
I started a thread about this a couple of months back. I was asking about what authentication system to switch to, since persona is being dropped. I found a couple of solutions and have my personal favorite: django-allauth

I have a merge request pending that adds basic functionality for it in postorius. I think that it's better than python-social-auth that hyperkitty is currently using.
Short version: it supports both external (social) and internal (django) auth systems and offers options to combine/switch between them . Allauth provides Signals that I used to verify the addresses in Mailman.

The link to my merge request:
https://gitlab.com/mailman/postorius/merge_requests/130

The link to my previous post:

https://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-developers/2016-January/025338.html