[Mailman-Developers] Let's try to package mailman3 in Debian!

Pierre-Elliott Bécue becue at crans.org
Fri Sep 11 00:49:44 CEST 2015

Hey,

As a Debian fanboy and also a mailman addict, I'd like to try packaging it
in Debian. As I'm not a DD and as I'm not in a hurry, I'd like to take some
time to think about what would be relevant.

For that, I'd like to have some help. And I was suggested to come here and
ask.

I decided to use https://gitlab.com/groups/mailman as a basis for my work.

First of all, to create the source package, I've to think about what to put
in it.

It seems that if I want to have a good source package, I need 5 repos :

 - Mailman
 - HyperKitty
 - Postorius
 - HyperKitty - MailMan Plugin
 - MailmanClient

My first question is "Am I right?". And the second one is whould I consider
looking into mailman-suite-doc and also have it in the source package?

On another way, I also see that there is a standalone postorius repo and
also some django project files for HyperKitty in another one. I have the
impression it is more designed for people to work on as standalone -
forkable projects for other features, and so I wouldn't need them in a
Debian package.

Am I also right?

Thanks for your answer, I hope I'll be able to make this package look as
you'd like. :)

Cheers,

--
PEB