[Mailman-Developers] User-centric authentication and access control

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Wed Sep 2 02:46:37 CEST 2015

On 09/01/2015 08:15 AM, Waldbieser, Carl wrote:
> I know that currently, mailman roles are set up such that the roles themselves have a shared password per role.

This is true for MM 2.1. It is not true for MM 3.

> I want to be able to move away from that model and have roles assigned
to individual user accounts that would allow access to the admin
interfaces for individual lists.

MM 3 already works this way.

Please clarify whether you want to do this in MM 2.1 or in MM 3.

If you want to do it in MM 2.1, see my reply to your OP at
<https://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2015-August/079667.html>.