[Mailman-Developers] listadmin script

Adam McGreggor adam-mailman at amyl.org.uk
Thu Oct 29 07:26:40 EDT 2015

On Wed, Oct 28, 2015 at 08:05:56PM +0100, n wrote:
> Since I maintain a couple of dozen lists, I need a way to reduce the
> time taken to process them. I use listadmin[1], a command line tool to
> manipulate the queues of messages held for moderator approval and
> subscription requests.

How many of those things could be fixed by fine-tuning the list
settings, to prevent those happening, or to use filters/regexpes
better?

(I spent time looking at the actions I and moderators were taking, to
define some rules to reduce things from several a day to a couple a
month.)

[…]

> I was hoping that someone on this list, with the inside knowledge of
> mailman, could maintain it, or write something similar.

Whilst I see Mark's replied already, I wonder if it would be better
use of building tools around Mailman 3, for when 3.1 is
released/ready.

This should be easier to maintain, as it would use the various APIs,
rather than scraping.

--
"I am invariably puzzled by the attitude of Oxbridge to its
 ecclesiastical past. Hearing grace recited before dinner by