[Mailman-Developers] Initial experiments with Mailman 3/Buildout

Andrew Hodgson andrew at hodgsonfamily.org
Fri Oct 16 23:03:10 CEST 2015

Hi,

I have looked in several list archives for different approaches for Mailman 3 installation, and am trying a few things.  I have got a new Debian 8.2 install, and installed the Python 2 and 3 developer tools etc.

I am making a virtual environment in /opt/mailman.

When running buildout, I get up until this point:

[…]
Getting distribution for 'djangorestframework>=3.0.0'.
warning: no previously-included files matching '__pycache__' found under directory '*'
warning: no previously-included files matching '*.py[co]' found under directory '*'
Got djangorestframework 3.2.4.
Getting distribution for 'django-gravatar2>=1.0.6'.
zip_safe flag not set; analyzing archive contents...
Got django-gravatar2 1.3.0.
While:
 Installing mailman-web.
Error: There is a version conflict.
We already have: pbr 1.8.1
but lockfile 0.11.0 requires 'pbr!=0.7,<1.0,>=0.6'.

Any ideas as to how to resolve?

Thanks.
Andrew.