[Mailman-Developers] substitution variables

Lindsay Haisley fmouse at fmp.com
Thu Oct 8 02:21:25 CEST 2015

On Wed, 2015-10-07 at 17:13 -0700, Mark Sapiro wrote:
> If the list's delivery is not personalized and VERP_DELIVERY_INTERVAL is
> or becomes unequal 1 (and SMTP_MAX_RCPTS is unequal 1) you will wind up
> decorating multiple recipients messages with the same data.

Thanks, Mark. I got it working just fine. The KISS principle is best, so
I just turned on list owner personalization and went from there. This
wasn't required for the solution I developed for AOL spam feedback
reports, which involved putting an AES crypt in the Resent-Message-ID
header. Only VERP personalization was needed for that.

The personalization performance hit was already on deck by enabling VERP
addresses on my lists, so I don't reckon that putting this personalized
crypt string in the footers will increase it much.

--
Lindsay Haisley       | "The only unchanging certainty
FMP Computer Services |    is the certainty of change"