[Mailman-Developers] Please add multipart/signed to DEFAULT_PASS_MIME_TYPES

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Tue Nov 17 01:29:42 EST 2015

On 11/16/15 6:14 PM, Carlos Alberto Lopez Perez wrote:
> Hi,
>
> By default, mailman tarballs (at least the 2.x ones) contain a Defaults.py file
> with this configuration:
>
> DEFAULT_PASS_MIME_TYPES = ['multipart/mixed','multipart/alternative','text/plain']
> Please, change this default by adding multipart/signed to the list of types allowed.

There are other issues, but if you file a bug, I will change it to
['multipart', 'text/plain', 'application/pgp-signature'] or ???.

There are other signature types that are 'binary' rather than plain
ascii text, and I'm reluctant to include those. On my own site, I
include 'message/rfc822' as well and could consider that.

File the bug at <https://bugs.launchpad.net/mailman/+filebug> for MM 2.1
and <https://gitlab.com/mailman/mailman> for MM 3.