[Mailman-Developers] MM3 install on RHEL 5.11

Barry Warsaw barry at list.org
Fri May 29 18:10:52 CEST 2015

On May 28, 2015, at 11:13 AM, Bill.Costa at unh.edu wrote:

>Well a former boss had a saying that I've taken to heart.  "Don't
>be first.  Don't be last."  Are there *any* production MM 3 sites
>up at this point?

There are, but I don't know if there are many *public* sites yet.  I'm hoping
we can fix this fairly soon with some dogfood lists.  We're just waiting on
server provisioning.

>At this stage I agree -- it is worth trying to kick the tires on
>MM 3.  But without a detailed install manual for a typical list
>admin as verses a Python developer, it looks like it is going to
>be a slog.

If I have some free time, I'd like to at least get Core, Hyperkitty, and
Postorius into Debian.

In the meantime, keep posting questions and feedback here.  I'd like for MM3.1
to concentrate on three big areas (other than bug fixing of course): high
fidelity conversions from MM2.1, improved installation documentation and
procedures, and closing the feature gap with MM2.1.

Cheers,