[Mailman-Developers] [Project Discussion] Approach for Implementing Admin Tasks

Bhavesh Goyal bhavesh.goyal093 at gmail.com
Tue May 26 12:11:43 CEST 2015

Hi !

On Tue, May 26, 2015 at 6:20 AM, Barry Warsaw <barry at list.org> wrote:

>Bhavesh, can you describe why a task model in the core is a better way to
> go?

I thought of implementing the model in core in the first place because I
thought it may
would have been good to have the user tasks available on hand even when one
is not
having access to the postorius web UI.
Second: I was able to track every moderation or subscription event
'directly' through the
core, making it (a little)easier to add an entry in contrast to a postorius
model, for which
the existing REST properties accompanied with a logic would have been used
to detect
a new incoming event.

But, Now on a whole,
Yes I agree, I should have discussed the thought before, the reason being
now I get the
idea of postorius and the core complementing each other always on the same
machine
and the 'need' of Tasks more in the web dashboard rather than in the core.
Also, as Barry said, if the logic behind moderations change in coming time,
Yes, It would
affect the overall functionality of the tasks model too. Thus, It would
rather be a
better choice to use the the existing REST calls and use a postorius model
instead. :)

Thanks for your consideration and making the idea clear :)

--
Regards,
Bhavesh Goyal,