[Mailman-Developers] Javascript Client for Mailman

Ana Badescu anabee.emacs at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 16:00:09 CET 2015

> Another *very* nice way to handle asynchronous behaviour in JS (and
> one the avoids callback hell) is the Promises paradigm. Promises are a
> native ES6 feature per-spec, but not all platforms support it. Node
> doesn't, but there's a drop-in polyfill[1] and a number of other
> libraries you could use.

Yes, I have used async.js before and it turned out easy and
straight-forward. In another project I tried coffeescript which also solves
this in an elegant manner but that's a whole another discussion :).

The JS client should be able to do the things mailman.client can do,
> but that doesn't mean its internals need to be anything like
> mailman.client's. *Some* similarity to the Python version would be
> nice, but not to the extend that we do something in a way you normaly
> wouldn't in JS. The intended audience are folks who use JS, so I'd
> rather not have a client that runs on node but looks like Python. :-)

Fair enough!

Thanks for clearing this out,
Ana