[Mailman-Developers] Common use case archiving via configuration

Andrew Stuart andrew.stuart at supercoders.com.au
Mon Mar 23 09:13:46 CET 2015

Aurelien I’d be interested to hear your thoughts on this topic.

as

On 22 Mar 2015, at 10:13 am, Andrew Stuart <andrew.stuart at supercoders.com.au> wrote:

As I understand it, currently there are a few default archivers including prototype, mhonarc and mailarchive. New archivers can be plugged in by implementing an archiver which complies to the archiver interface.  Not hard but still requires coding skills.

Specifically if would be good if a Mailman admin could define in the Mailman config file a set of destination email addresses and POST urls that archive messages are sent to. This would meet many common archiving needs via configuration instead of code.

It’s a little odd that Mailman basically does this at the moment but only for mail-archive.com I’m proposing this be a bit more generalised and also that a generalised POST archiver be included.

I’d also include a filesystem/zip archiver which writes each message to a zipped file on the disk.

I’d be happy to implement assuming anyone else sees value in it, ideally with some architectural input from core developers.

Thoughts anyone?

as